L.A.C.E.R. Afterschool Programs
L.A.C.E.R. Plus at King Middle School
REGISTRATION FOR L.A.C.E.R. PLUS AT KING MIDDLE SCHOOL IS NOW OPEN!
THANK YOU to all the parents who participated in the lottery for the L.A.C.E.R. Afterschool Program's grant based program - registration for the free program is now closed. However, if you are interrested, our fee-based offerings through L.A.C.E.R. PLUS, are now available with some exciting learning opportunities for your child!
L.A.C.E.R. PLUS ZONE will commence on the first day of school and it provides daily supervision, a healthy snack, activities and a start on daily homework assignments. Staff will help students get organized and provide Homework Help and then daily enrichment activities. Students will expand their learning through engaging activities that will exercise both the left and right parts of
their brain. Supervised by a specialized L.A.C.E.R. Plus staff member, The Zone is a safe place for students to be after school from dismissal until 6pm every day. Though students are encouraged to stay for the duration of the program, parents are welcome to pick up their kids as per their schedule’s convenience.
BEST VALUE PACKAGE: $1150 for the Fall semester. ($100 DISCOUNT!) (8/18/2015 - 12/18/2015)
MONTHLY PACKAGE: $250 flat rate per month (Payment is required monthly, prior to the 1st of every month)
In addition to the L.A.C.E.R. PLUS ZONE, five additional courses will be offered during the fall sememster. Parents are welcome to enroll in L.A.C.E.R. PLUS ZONE and the additional courses, or choose either/or.
For more information on specific dates, pricing, instructors, and to register for any of the workshops below (limited space available), CLICK HERE!
- SALSA DANCE WORKSHOP (Monday) This lively dance style is taught by professional dancer, choreographer and instructor Jessica Michalov, with sharp movements, elegant turns, and fancy footwork making this dance style a whole lot of fun! COST: $250
- SPANISH CLUB: (Monday and Wednesday) Join this exciting club and see how fun it is to learn and practice speaking Spanish. Taught by the teaching team from Kallpachay, students will gain common vocabulary, useful phrases, and pronunciation skills. This two-day a week course is designed focus on vocabulary and using the language through fun activities. COST: $600
- GUITAR WORKSHOP: (Tuesday) This guitar course will focus on chords, technique, music vocabulary, and reading melodic notation. Students will also learn basic hand positions and timing while they engage with their peers in musicianship. As they develop their musical ear, they will learn a variety of genres including pop, classical, funk, and R & B. COST: $250
- PORTRAIT MASTERS WORKSHOP: (Tuesday) Students will develop a new approach to the art of the portrait. Through the use of a variety of mediums, and exploring various art genres, students will discover a new way of self expression. From self portraits, to Picasso's Cubist portraits, to Manga, students will learn the fundamentals of creating a portrait, in addition to how to make a portrait that's unique to their own aesthetic. All materials included. COST: $300
- SCREENWRITING WORKSHOP: (Thursday and Friday) Through the course we will focus on story structure, character development and plot building. The course will also address dialogue, setting and stage/camera direction along with actor action. Ideally students will work together to help one another flush out their Ideas and edit scripts. The class will culminate in a table read by professional actors. COST: $400
The use of school premises has been granted pursuant to the provisions of Sections 17400, et seq., of the Educational Code of the State of California to L.A.C.E.R. Afterschool Programs from the Board of Education of the LAUSD. The Board of Education does not sponsor or take responsibility, nor does it necessarily endorse any of the activities, statements, or opinions which may be expressed at this meeting or activity.