BE A STAR IN A STUDENTS LIFE. VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are vital to L.A.C.E.R.’s mission of providing underserved middle and high school students with after school programs in a safe and caring environment. Come meet a wonderful group of enthusiastic and talented boys and girls who could use your help with everything from their homework, to their music classes, art projects and sports activities.
What you need to know
- The L.A.C.E.R. Afterschool Programs operates at four middle schools and two high schools in Greater Hollywood, Silver Lake and Glassel Park.
- Classes are held Monday – Friday from 3pm-6pm, except Tuesdays when programs are scheduled from 1:30pm-6pm.
- Program Volunteer class assignments are available daily, weekly or just for special field trips or weekend activities. We ask that all volunteers agree to commit 2-3 hours each day they volunteer.
- Volunteers work with L.A.C.E.R. staff and instructors in classes of 5-20 students.
- Volunteers over 18 years of age who work directly with students are required to provide proof of tuberculosis (TB) clearance.
- Volunteers over 18 who work directly with students on a regular schedule are also required to be fingerprinted.
- Fundraising and Administrative Volunteer assignments are available Monday – Friday from 10am-5pm at the L.A.C.E.R. Head Office in Hollywood. A three-hour time commitment is preferred.
- Special Event Volunteer assignments are scheduled on weekends throughout the year.
For a current Volunteer Application or if you have questions, please contact us at (323) 957-6481